HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You Are Here

I Am amazed that people from all over the world find me.  I Am the humble Southwest Desert Blogger.  What brought you here today?  Boredom?  A search term?  Another site?  Well, I Am glad you are here.  It is 10:00 PM in monsoon season.  The temperature is a humid 91 degrees (F.). 

Sunday evening someone turned into my driveway by accident.  She drove off the road and got stuck.  Her car blocked the driveway.  The car had to be towed out,  but because it blocked the driveway, the tow truck could not access the front of the car to lift it and tow it.  The tow truck driver said he would send another truck -- a smaller one.

While we waited for the second tow truck to arrive, neighbors showed up to try to help.  Men, women, and children discussed the situation, observed the car from all angles, looked under it to see how it was stuck, and went home to get other family members to see the event.  The second tow truck arrived.  It could not access the car because of the narrowness of the driveway.  The tow truck driver took out his smart phone (at least the phone was smart!) and took photos of the situation.  These photos were sent to his boss, who told him how to extract the car from it's strange, stuck position, with one tire over the ledge, stuck and blocking the driveway.

The men got the tools, the car was lifted enough to be pulled from the back, and it was pulled back onto the road so that it could be driven, in reverse, out of the driveway.  The monsoon mercifully did not shower us with rain during this event, which took nearly two hours to complete.

How did that woman driving that car find me?  She meant to visit her friend two driveways down the road.  They were to have dinner.  Dinner was postponed until the car could be extracted from my driveway.  You found me, too; but you had the entire cyber world to navigate.  What are the odds?

Do you think there is a divine plan?  Are you here by divine appointment, or is it just random chaos?

This evening I was remembering the time I was in, as I call it, the "Fancy Pants" Bakery.  As you remember, "Fancy Pants" is not the real name of the Bakery, just a descriptive way to refer to the place.  I was waiting for my friend, the genius, to show up for our weekly coffee and talk.  While I was waiting, a man was trying to push a woman in a wheel chair into the Fancy Pants Bakery.  He could not push the wheel chair while holding the door open.  The workers watched, and no one helped, so I went out the other door and held his door open from behind him, so he could concentrate on navigating the wheel chair through the door.  He succeeded and he and the woman in the wheel chair thanked me.  Random chaos?  A few minutes later someone at the Fancy Pants approached me and said, "I was going to help them, but you got there first."  I thought, "Why did you wait?"  but did not say that.  Instead I thanked her for her good intention.  We were both there.  One person acted.  One hesitated.

The woman in the wheel chair and the man had a nice lunch at the Fancy Pants Bakery.  When the woman in the wheel chair was seated at the table, I could not tell she was in a wheel chair.  I am glad I could help them get through the door.  They appeared to be having such a nice time.

I hope you get to help someone who needs assistance.  Or, maybe someone will assist you when you need help.  Perhaps it will be Divine.

I Am the
Southwest Desert Blogger
C. (c)2011

No comments:

Post a Comment