HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Got Comments?

This week Southwest Desert Blogger had readers from USA, Russia, Spain, Germany, and Latvia.  This month the blog had visitors from Canada, Australia, Brazil and the Netherlands in addition to the previously mentioned visitors this week.  A couple of days ago this blog's first reader comment, from JB, was received in response to the Dec. 3, 2011 post about the Omega Vert/ VRT350 HD juicer.  Thanks JB and congrat's on being the first comment ever received.  You can read JB's comment at the end of the Dec. 3 post.  JB, may you continue to provide feedback and be an inspiration to others.

I also want to send a sincere Southwest Desert "Howdy" to the reader who found this blog using search terms "Omega sucks" -- nice economy of words.  Couldn't have said it more succinctly myself.  Thanks for bringing a smile to the Southwest Desert. 

I will respond to the reader who searched using the question about whether one can juice apple and orange seeds with the Omega VRT350HD.  I am not sure of the official Omega line regarding apple and orange seeds, but I have juiced them with no problem.  I have seen lemon seeds, albeit a bit crushed sometimes, in the exit port pulp.  I usually remove apple and citrus seeds if they are visible.  Naturally, some escape my notice.  Other times I just do not care if some apple seeds get through as they are smaller than citrus seeds.  There is debate in the health community as to whether it is best to remove seeds.  Some may contain toxins.  Do your research and decide for yourself.  The amount of seeded fruit you juice might also figure into your decision.  I imagine the commercial juice producers do not de-seed their produce before juicing, but that is mere speculation, not to be construed as fact.

There was also a search for Omega 350 "too much foam".  I agree.  Your beer should have a head on it, not your juice.  

One last thing -- I didn't know that Seamonkey is a browser -- available in 24 languages.  How do you like Seamonkey?   I thought Sea Monkeys were little creatures that grew in water . . . What do you expect from a Southwest Desert dweller?

Awaiting your comments,
Southwest Desert Blogger
C. (c)2012

No comments:

Post a Comment