HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Got Cookies?

I was cleaning up and cleaning out the junk in the mysterious cyber places in my computer.  The computer can do some big clean up jobs if you ask.  I got some shocking results.  I had 264 cookies!

When I say "I had" I do not mean I ate them.  I mean that someone or something is tracking me in a big way.  I don't know whether these are 264 different cookies, or repeat cookies from a handful of sites I visit over and over again.  Either way, that is more cookies than I eat in a year.

I thought I deleted them, but I know some sites require cookies be enabled, so I think they are back.  Psycholinguisticly the use of the cute, likable term "cookies" makes them appealing and even desirable.  Want more cookies?  Just one more?  They're free.  Another won't hurt.  They don't even have calories.

If I were a computer geek, and I were to invent a bigger, badder, cookie, I would call it a "chocolate cookie" to make it even more appealing to the average unsuspecting low techoid.  The really super strong cookies could be "cookies with icing" or perhaps even "cupcakes."  Cupcakes are really trendy.  They are hipper than cookies.  Just remember you heard it here first:  the newest super sleuth tracking device, "cupcakes" has been upgraded to "cupcakes with icing."

The cupcake knows where you go.  Are cupcakes with icing compatible with Windows Vista?  Cupcakes and Apple?  Cupcakes and eye(I)phone?

Cookie crumbs and happy trails to you,
Southwest Desert Blogger
C. (c)2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment