HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Prickly Pear Fruit and Juice Pictures

 I made another batch of prickly pear juice.  The pix came out this time.  The story in pictures:

A sample of the harvest with one fruit cut in half.  Notice the seeds.  The spots on the fruit are clusters of tiny, very fine needles.  I got a few in my fingers, but overall I was graceful.




I cut the fruit in half carefully using a small knife to stabilize the fruit while cutting with another knife.




Then I scooped the flesh out with a teaspoon.  It was the consistency of raspberry jam.  Please scroll down to see the fruit after the red flesh has been removed. 


It was like milking a cow except that nearly a cup of hard, pinhead size seeds remained in the bag.
Prickly pear juice with camera flash that created the purple corona.
  You've seen the juice in the previous blog, but here it is again.  And it was just as good the second time!
On day 3 of the juice fast* and feeling fine,
your Southwest Desert Blogger
*Get a FREE e-book of juice and smoothie recipes, and 10 day juice fast info at this link:  
http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1383344
Also, scroll down and see my slide show. 

C. (c)2011

No comments:

Post a Comment