HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Juice Fast: One More Day

Today is the 9th day of the 10 Day Juice Fast.  Honestly, I like the raw food better than the juice fast although, of course, the juice fast is raw because the juices are made with my juicer.  My mental energy is not as focused as I would like it to be.  I realize there are fasting groups doing 30 and 92 day fasts.  I cannot imagine functioning in the work-a-day world on a fast that long.  Perhaps the body and mind adjusts to the fast in the long run.

Physically I feel fine.  But, mentally I am in a relaxed zone that is not very grounded.  I get things done, but would not want to have a challenging day.  It is pleasant though.  Maybe this is how people operated before there were highways, deadlines, and the general stresses we live with these days.

I would also like to comment on the number of amateur faster videos online.  Clearly, many of them are first timers who aren't even using their juicers properly.  They apparently have not read the instructions that come with the juicer.  While it is admirable that someone is trying the discipline if a fast, some of them are hardly qualified to give advice, let alone run a juicer and camera at the same time.  Some of the online video advice contradicts other video advice.  Just do your research and do not take any one source for gospel.

Perhaps my favorite video of someone using his juicer is not a faster, but the proud owner of one of the new, state of the art juicers. Almost all you can see is his back, which is facing the camera as he feeds the juicer.  You cannot see the juicer, his hands, or the produce he is feeding into the juicer.  Why did he post this?  Then, he also posted a video where he apologizes for the first video and makes another marginal, irritating video of juicing.  Don't discount all juicer videos.  Some are excellent and instructive.
Some are amusing.  Some are junk.

Then there are the before and after videos of fasters.  I am told some of the before and after photos are photo shopped.  It is a reasonable assumption.  Who knows?   I don't have before and after photos for you.  I did not take any.  I do not lose much weight on a fast.  I have been told about 10 percent of fasters do not lose weight.  I do, however, feel lighter -- and not just lightheaded.  Obviously, there is less food in the digestive tract, thus the lightness.  The pants feel a bit looser.  The ring I usually wear feels loser.  I went for a hike the other day and my shoes felt looser!  That surprised me.

For me it will be back to the high raw diet after the fast; i.e., mostly raw food and raw juices.  If you want to learn more about the 10 day juice fast, the 7 day raw food challenge, or just want a free eBook with vegan juice and smoothie recipes and informative blog /videos (recommended by Southwest Desert Blogger) link to:
http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1383344

Fast approaching the end of the fast,
Southwest Desert Blogger
C. (c)2011

No comments:

Post a Comment