HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Last Day of Fast

It is Day 10 of the 10 Day Juice Fast.  I am ready for it to end because I have been tired though not hungry.  I could continue, but this has been a good 10 days, and before I eat sold food (fruit) I will have completed nearly 11 days of fruit and vegetable juice fasting.

Still feeling a pleasant bliss, yet not motivated to engage in worldly business.  I have completed the tasks that needed to be completed today.  Luckily they were not too hard or time consuming.  The tiredness, both physical and mental, is a reason to return to a more broad and inclusive diet, i.e., one including good fat content, a bit higher protein, and more fiber.

Other than that my health has been good.  I sleep well at night, albeit less hours than I had been used to pre-fast.  Could that be why I am tired?  My nails are growing more quickly than usual.  Small cuts heal quickly.  I am calm and relaxed.  I feel a greater sense of compassion than usual.

For me, a fast once in a while is a good way to cleanse the system and return to food with more respect and enjoyment.  I do not expect to do a fast again this year.  Personally, I think it is nice to do this sort of thing when you are not under stress or working every day.  Others may be of differing opinion.

Tomorrow I will have some melon for lunch.  Watermelon or cantaloupe -- I have not yet decided.  Perhaps more melon for dinner.  If not, then a mixed vegetable juice which includes some leafy greens.  Post-fast day 2 and 3 I will have mixed vegetable juice for breakfast,  melon for lunch, and salad, with a little raw oil or avocado for dinner.  Day 4 the same, but 2 salads, instead of 1 throughout the day, plus gradually adding some nuts and seeds daily.  As you can see, this is a diet of predominately vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds.  The food is raw, as is the oil.  It is is simple and does not require much preparation or cleanup.  Cleaning the vegetables and juicer is often the most time consuming part of the meal.

I learned a lot from the people participating in the fast.  We communicated online daily.  Questions were asked and answered.  Comments and observations were posted by those who wished to do so.  If you have been following my blog, you know I quit coffee 2 months ago.  Within 4 days of quitting coffee I quit tea, and have been caffeine-free since then.   At that time I also ate raw food for 7 days straight.  I had been consuming about 80% raw food prior to that, but never went 100% raw for more than a few days at a time.  The 7 Day Raw Food Challenge program I followed gave me the info I needed to be more satisfied with raw food and clarified the quantities that one could eat -- probably more than you think!  If you want to check out the 7 Day Raw Food Challenge or 10 Day Juice Fast I participated in, get info on raw vegan food, other health topics, of just download a FREE Juice and Smoothie Recipe eBook, link to this site.  There are also hundreds of short videos on a variety of raw food and health topics on the site:
http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1383344

Be well and happy,
Southwest Desert Blogger  
C. (c) 2011                           P.S.  To support this blog, use discount code WAL660 for $5 off first purchase at www.iherb.com .  They sell nutritional supplements, raw supplements (Garden of Life), raw and organic food such as tahini, coconut oils, energy bars, goji, etc., herbs, teas, organic and natural shampoos, conditioners, skin creams and lotions, cosmetics, dry skin brushes, Madre Labs acai and Cafeceps, organic soaps, raw organic cacao, organic raw chia seed, hemp seed, seaweed, nuts, kelp noodles, oils, homeopathics, organic pet food, etc. at discounts.  Currently, they ship free for US orders of $20 or more.  They also ship internationally.  Just enter code WAL660 at check out.    Plus, there are helpful product reviews.   And more free:  iherb offers a variety of FREE PRODUCTS to sample, so be sure to select one with your order. www.iherb.com .  Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment