The raw foods week is almost done. One more day to go. The first 5 days I got tired around noon. No raw food or green smoothie would keep me awake enough to make it through the afternoon, so I just took a nap for about an hour. One day I napped 2 hours. Then, on the 6th day I had plentiful energy throughout the day. All events went smoothly. My mind was focused and on point. All was well.
It is 7:30 in the evening and despite the heat and humidity I AM still going strong. I will do some paperwork, read, eat a ripe, sweet nectarine as my evening snack, and enjoy the fact that it is below 100 degrees outside. I will sleep well at night since I haven't had coffee in 10 days. I even went to the Fancy Pants Bakery (not the real name, nor is it intended to refer to any Bakery with that or similar name) for my weekly meeting with the Genius. I did not have anything but water with a wedge of lemon. The Genius wanted to know whether I would be off the raw diet next week. Technically, yes. But, who knows? I told the Genius that bread and sweets are addictive for me. Genius said they are addictive. I think the Genius was threatened by my new rawness.
There is no reason to have cooked food on day 8, 9, 10 or 11. It is too hot to cook and the raw food is still interesting, nourishing, cooling, and healthful. Will the Genius discriminate against me for being raw? How will others respond? Perhaps it will be more sociable to be the high-raw omnivore. But for now I AM still the a six day 100 percent raw vegan Southwest Desert Blogger.
*P.S. Check out this excellent link for raw vegan info, FREE smoothie recipes e-Book, videos, and the super 7 Day Raw Food Challenge (the one I completed, with gratitude!) and 10 Day Juice Fast. I have learned so much from this info. http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1383344
Life in the Desert Southwest -- consumer issues, product reviews, juicers, raw food, don't get ripped off or scammed, etc. Click on one of the Popular Posts and scroll down to view the full text, or keep scrolling down for the Chronological Posts, Alphabetical Index of Topics, and Desert Slide Show. If these posts help you or entertain, please donate whatever you can with the PayPal "Donate" button, even $1 or $2, to help support this effort. Gratefully yours, Southwest Desert Blogger
HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG
Popular Posts
-
Today it is 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) in the shade and bound to get hotter as the afternoon progresses. Enough small talk. The news is, I ...
-
Howdy folks, Today, as I write this, the temperature is 112 degrees (Fahrenheit). The humidity is 4 percent. It's hot and it's dr...
-
It was nice, cool, and cloudy this morning but the sun came out. As I've told you before, the skies are not cloudy all day here in the ...
-
Reader comments and feedback regarding the Omega VRT 350 HD Juicer: Dave wrote, "...a little bit slow and noisy..." Anonymou...
-
Lost your Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Crescent Tool? That's the search term of the week. I've seen it before, so here is what ...
-
What is going on with folks who drive the Toyota Prius car? I don't know how it is in your town, but out here, folks who drive a Prius ...
-
Today the Sun and Moon are both in the astrological sign of Pisces -- the fish. It is new moon this afternoon in the Southwest Desert and t...
-
With the price of gold currently at $1680 (USD) some sources say it is a bargain, down from the early September highs around $1900 (USD) per...
-
Once a week I meet one of my friends at a fancy pants bread and pastry shop. You know, those places where they sell overpriced little thing...
-
I made a vegetable juice today that was so pulpy I had to drink it through a straw. I do not like the pulpy juice the Omega VRT 350HD juice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment