I was cleaning up and cleaning out the junk in the mysterious cyber places in my computer. The computer can do some big clean up jobs if you ask. I got some shocking results. I had 264 cookies!
When I say "I had" I do not mean I ate them. I mean that someone or something is tracking me in a big way. I don't know whether these are 264 different cookies, or repeat cookies from a handful of sites I visit over and over again. Either way, that is more cookies than I eat in a year.
I thought I deleted them, but I know some sites require cookies be enabled, so I think they are back. Psycholinguisticly the use of the cute, likable term "cookies" makes them appealing and even desirable. Want more cookies? Just one more? They're free. Another won't hurt. They don't even have calories.
If I were a computer geek, and I were to invent a bigger, badder, cookie, I would call it a "chocolate cookie" to make it even more appealing to the average unsuspecting low techoid. The really super strong cookies could be "cookies with icing" or perhaps even "cupcakes." Cupcakes are really trendy. They are hipper than cookies. Just remember you heard it here first: the newest super sleuth tracking device, "cupcakes" has been upgraded to "cupcakes with icing."
The cupcake knows where you go. Are cupcakes with icing compatible with Windows Vista? Cupcakes and Apple? Cupcakes and eye(I)phone?
Cookie crumbs and happy trails to you,
Southwest Desert Blogger
C. (c)2011
Life in the Desert Southwest -- consumer issues, product reviews, juicers, raw food, don't get ripped off or scammed, etc. Click on one of the Popular Posts and scroll down to view the full text, or keep scrolling down for the Chronological Posts, Alphabetical Index of Topics, and Desert Slide Show. If these posts help you or entertain, please donate whatever you can with the PayPal "Donate" button, even $1 or $2, to help support this effort. Gratefully yours, Southwest Desert Blogger
HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG
Popular Posts
-
Today it is 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) in the shade and bound to get hotter as the afternoon progresses. Enough small talk. The news is, I ...
-
Howdy folks, Today, as I write this, the temperature is 112 degrees (Fahrenheit). The humidity is 4 percent. It's hot and it's dr...
-
Reader comments and feedback regarding the Omega VRT 350 HD Juicer: Dave wrote, "...a little bit slow and noisy..." Anonymou...
-
We have a break in the monsoonal weather so I have been outside looking for flowers. I found several tiny mammillaria cacti, growing in the...
-
Lost your Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Crescent Tool? That's the search term of the week. I've seen it before, so here is what ...
-
It was nice, cool, and cloudy this morning but the sun came out. As I've told you before, the skies are not cloudy all day here in the ...
-
Summer has hit the point of entropy*. Nothing much is happening. Everything is hot. The water is hot. The air is hot. The breeze is hot...
-
What is going on with folks who drive the Toyota Prius car? I don't know how it is in your town, but out here, folks who drive a Prius ...
-
I once heard Ralph Nader speak at the nearest state university. You might think this sort of event would not be well attended in a red stat...
-
Today the Sun and Moon are both in the astrological sign of Pisces -- the fish. It is new moon this afternoon in the Southwest Desert and t...
Monday, May 16, 2011
Got Cookies?
Labels:
Apple,
chocolate,
computer geek,
cookies,
cupcakes,
icing,
tracking,
Windows Vista
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment