HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG

Popular Posts

Friday, June 10, 2011

My Most Popular and Favorite Posts

First, I want to send a big Howdy out to the newest Southwest Desert Blogger blog readers from United Kingdom (we call it England) and India.  Welcome.  Hope y'all come back and visit often.  And of course, much appreciation to the folks from the good old USA, readers from Russia, Germany, Denmark, and Malaysia.  Do you think the newly wed Prince is reading this blog?  The Queen?  A guru on a remote mountain top in India with WiFi?  Maybe the guru just reads this psychically.

Now I want to tell you which posts are my most popular.  These results are based on you, the reader.  The all time most popular post is "Got Sleep?" followed by "Got Cookies?"  My crude analysis suggests that we are not sleeping and seeking cookies to eat when we are not sleeping.  The weekly and daily analysis of readers reveals that this is an international phenomenon among Southwest Desert Blogger readers to date.  Note that we do not have readers from Africa, South America, Central America, Mexico, Canada, the Arctic, or Antarctica.  Maybe those folks have got sleep and don't care about cookies.

Personally, "Got Cookies?" is one of my favorite posts.  It cuts into the tech world while punning on the "Got Milk?" ads made famous by the dairy industry.  Do you remember the advertisements with photos of famous people sporting milk mustaches and the caption, "Got Milk?"  If you haven't read "Got Cookies?" go ahead and read it.  Then read my favorite post, "Low Tech Again."

"Low Tech Again" slams another irritating ad, "Make your phone your wallet."  The ad takes smart phones to new places -- your pocket -- the pocket you keep your wallet in.  There the phone will morph into your wallet.  My phone is not clever or witty.  If I place it in my pocket is does not magically turn into my wallet.   However, when I get the cell phone bill, it lightens my wallet.  Perhaps I simply did not incantate the proper magic words.  Hocus Pocus?  Abracadabra?  Shazam?  Hu?

Working on better magic words,
I AM your Southwest Desert Blogger
C. (c)2011

No comments:

Post a Comment